These DELICIOUS oven-baked chicken wings are crispy and addictive, especially when dressed in buffalo sauce and dipped in homemade ranch!
For the baked buffalo wings:
2.5 lbs chicken wings
fresh cracked black pepper
3/4 cup Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
3 tablespoons ghee or butter
For the homemade ranch:
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream or full-fat plain yogurt
2 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning
1 tsp dried dill
optional: 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, pat the chicken wings very dry by placing them on a cutting board lined with paper towels. Make sure they are completely dry, then season with salt and pepper. Be generous.
- Line a baking sheet with a cooling rack, then lay wings on the cooling rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip. Bake for 25-30 more minutes, until golden and crispy.
- While the wings bake, make your buffalo sauce and homemade ranch.
- For the buffalo sauce, combine Frank's and ghee in a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, whisking to fully combine. Once 10 minutes have passed, turn off the heat and pour sauce into a large bowl that the wings will later go into.
- For the ranch, mix together all of the ingredients. Lemon juice is optional but adds a nice bright flavor, if you've got a lemon laying around. Otherwise, just skip it. Taste.Add 1/2 tsp of salt if you want it to be saltier, but I usually prefer the milder flavor. Set ranch aside.
- When the wings have fully baked (45-50min) turn the broiler on high and broil for 5-7 minutes, until the wings are a deeper golden brown.
- Using tongs, toss hot wings in buffalo sauce, coating them completely.
- Serve immediately with celery and homemade ranch for dipping!
- Category: Appetizers, Meat
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crispy wings, baked wings, chicken wings, buffalo wings, crispy baked wings, crispy buffalo wings, baked chicken wings, bar food