These easy shrimp tacos are inspired by Louisiana and Mexico! Cajun seasoning, mango salsa and mashed avocado make these healthy, filling and so fresh!
8-12 corn tortillas
1 lb. small shrimp (~50-70 per lb.), thawed
2 tsp cajun seasoning
For the mango salsa:
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
3/4 cup chopped mango, about 1 small mango
1/8 cup of lime juice, approximately 1 juicy lime
3/4 cup finely diced red onion
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2-1 serrano chile, depending on how spicy you like your salsa
2 small or 1 large avocado, mashed
1/2 tsp of salt
- First, make the mango salsa by combining mango, red onion, cilantro, lime juice 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Add serrano pepper. If you like a milder salsa, add half of the chile very finely chopped. If you prefer it hotter, add a whole pepper. You can add half first, taste and adjust if you want more heat. It's important to make the salsa first and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- While the salsa sits, combine shrimp with cajun seasoning and remaining 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil. If your cajun seasoning is salted, you won't need to add more salt. If it's not, add roughly 1 tsp of salt to the shrimp.
- Heat up a skillet to a high heat.
- Once it is very hot, add the shrimp and cook for 2-4 minutes. Very small shrimp cook at lightening speed, so when they no longer look translucent and curl up, wait 30 seconds then pull them from the heat. You can taste one beforehand to make sure it's to your liking, just don't overcook!
- Warm tortillas in the microwave or on the stove before assembling tacos.
- To assemble, fill tortillas with shrimp (as many as you'd like, I used ~8 per taco), a few spoonfuls of mango salsa, and a spoon of mashed avocado. Repeat until you've stuffed all of your tortillas!
- If using, drizzle the tacos with sour cream and hot sauce.
- Serve with extra lime wedges (squeeze over the taco just before eating) and enjoy!
- Category: Seafood, Shrimp
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Cajun, Mexican
Keywords: gluten-free, tacos, shrimp tacos, cajun tacos, cajun shrimp, mango salsa, serrano salsa, avocado, mexican food