a bright and vibrant salad made with shaved fennel, celery, grapefruit and pecorino, plus a homemade sweet and sour dressing.
For the salad:
1 head of fennel, shaved
2 medium-size grapefruits, cleaned and sliced
3 stalks of celery, sliced thin on an angle
1/4 lb. pecorino romano cheese
For the dressing:
1/4 cup of lime juice
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 cup honey, I like wildflower honey
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Remove the fennel fronds and stalks.
- Slice fennel bulb in half and remove the tough inner core. Slice the fennel thinly using a sharp knife or mandoline.
- Lay the fennel down on a large platter. It will be the base of the salad, or the "bed" that all the remaining ingredients are on top of.
- Remove the grapefruit skin and slice into thick slices.
- Top fennel with grapefruit, celery, radishes and pecorino.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Pour dressing over salad and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grapefruit, fennel, grapefruit salad, fennel salad, celery, honey lime dressing, fruit salad, grapefruit fennel salad