These Italian-style mini meatballs are baked, not fried! They are tender and pack a real punch thanks to parmesan cheese right inside. Serve on top of spaghetti, as a simple appetizer, or enjoy alongside salad for a healthy, filling dinner
1 lb. ground beef (85/15 or 80/20)
1/4 cup panko or breadcrumbs
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup grated onion (about 1/4 large onion)
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp garlic powder
Oil spray of some sort
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then top with a cooling rack. Spray the rack with oil.
- Mix all of the ingredients everything together gently except the oil spray. Be careful not to over-mix as that will make your meatballs tough.
- Use a tablespoon measure to scoop out as many meatballs as you can make.
- Roll meat into little balls, wetting your hands in between if they begin to stick. Spread evenly on the baking pan, then spray again with oil.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!
- Category: Meat, Appetizers
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatballs, mini meatballs, baked meatballs