A simple combination of pasta, peas and pecorino for a bright and vibrant 30-minute vegetarian dinner
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 box of pasta (I used chiocciole)
- 1 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 small white onion (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups of English peas
- 3/4 cup of white wine (I used chablis)
- Splash of heavy cream
- Salt + pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add your pasta.
- Meanwhile, warm up butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add onions + season with salt + pep! Let them sweat for a few minutes until they are translucent and starting to brown.
- Pour yourself a glass of wine because you’re worth it.
- Once the onions are golden, add 1/2 cup of pasta water (from the pasta pot) and white wine, plus your peas. Season again with salt and pepper. Seasoning at every step is critical to a delicious pasta dish!
- Once the pasta is al dente (really al dente because it will finish cooking in the skillet) add it to the pan with pecorino. Turn the heat up to high and begin to toss vigorously, coating the pasta in the sauce and the cheese. Add your splash of cream (3-4 tablespoons) and extra pepper.
- Cook the pasta for 3-4 minutes on the stove, until it has absorbed most of the pasta water/sauce. It should look glossy!
- Serve immediately, and do top the bowls with a little extra pecorino. Buon Appetito!
- Category: Pasta, Rice & Grains
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, pasta recipes, pasta with peas, peas, pea recipes, pecorino, vegetarian dinner, vegetarian recipes, peas and cheese