5-ingredient cauliflower soup with lots of toppings for flavor
- 1 head of organic cauliflower (stem removed and cut into florets)
- 1 large Vidalia onion (cut into chunks)
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream (chili flakes, flaky salt, za’atar, pesto, what have you—for garnish)
- In a large pot, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and turn the heat to medium-high. Add cauliflower florets and brown for about 5 minutes. Let the cauliflower get just a bit of color. Remove, set aside on a plate.
- Add onion (and additional oil, as necessary) and sweat for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Add the cauliflower back in. Season with salt, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, all the broth, and cover. Let it come to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low. Cook the soup for 30-45 minutes.
- You want the cauliflower to come apart if you poke it. Add fresh-cracked pepper, then blend (I use a Vitamix). Taste for seasoning, and add salt if need be. Pour soup into bowls and garnish with desired toppings (I do sour cream, flaky salt, and chili flakes).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cauliflower soup, soup, cauliflower, vegan soup